Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court: link
Ray Murphy, Subject Matter Jurisdiction: War Crimes, 19 June 2011
John McManus, Modes of Liability, 19 June 2011
Tatiana Bachvarova, The place of victims in the ICC system, 20 June 2011
Kamran Choudhry, General Principles of Criminal Law, 20 June 2011
John McManus, Domestic Implementation of the Rome Statute, 23 June 2011
Leila Sadat, Crimes Against Humanity, 23 June 2011
1. "Admissibility (Complementarity/Gravity)", Dr. Mohamed El Zeidy, 19 June 2011
- Decision Pursuant to Article 15 of the Rome Statute on the Authorization of an Investigation into the Situation in the Republic of Kenya: pdf
- Judgment on the Appeal of Mr. Germain Katanga against the Oral Decision of Trial Chamber II of 12 June 2009 on the Admissibility of the Case: pdf
2. "The Place of Victims in the ICC System," Ms. Tatiana Bachvarova, 20 June, 2011
i. Victims' Eligibility Criteria:
- Decision of the Appeals Chamber of 11 July 2008, Lubanga (harm, causal link);
- Fourth Decision on Victims' Participation, PTC III, Bemba, of 12 December 2008 and Decision on Victims' Participation at Trial, TC III, Bemba, 12 July 2010 (deceased as victims).
ii. Victims' Participation in the Proceedings:
- Decision of the Appeals Chamber of 19 December 2008, DRC;
- Decision on Victims' Participation in the Proceedings Related to the Situation in the Republic of Kenya, PTC II, 3 November 2010.
iii. Victims' "right" to tender evidence (?):
- Decision of the Appeals Chamber of 11 July 2008, Lubanga;
- Decision of the Appeals Chamber of 16 July 2010, Katanga.
OTP Policy Paper on victim participation
3. "The Interests of Justice," Dr. Maria Varaki, 22 June 2011.
- OTP Policy Paper on interests of justice
4. "Forging a Convention for Crimes Against Humanity," Professor Leila Sadat, 23 June 2011
- Forging a Convention for Crimes Against Humanity - Table of Contents
- Forging a Convention for Crimes Against Humanity - Introduction