The 2018 Conference Committee are pleased to announce that online registration is now open. We look forward to welcoming you to Galway to participate in the 22nd Annual Health Promotion Conference.
The aim is to strengthen the circle of knowledge in relation to participation and empowerment for health and social care service users.
A primary goal of Healthy Ireland is to create an environment where every individual and sector of society can play a role in improving health and a core element of this is strengthening participation in decision making for health and well-being. This approach necessitates partnerships to realise its potential including partnerships between sectors and between agencies, service providers and service users. Just as health is more than the absence of disease, partnership must go beyond consultation or tokenism and must empower all stakeholders within a supportive environment. This is consistent with re-orienting the services, the fifth action area of the Ottawa Charter.
Specifically, the conference will explore:
- The outcomes through engagement with service users in re-orientating health and social care services
- Identify interactions that empower, rather than disempower service users
- Key learning in relation to participation and engagement with services
- How to enhance aspects of health and social care services that support people to maintain a good quality of life.
Who Should Attend?
- Researchers of the processes of participation, inclusion and engagement of the public in service development, delivery and evaluation.
Health promotion practitioners in statutory and voluntary agencies
Health and social care professionals who are interested in engaging the public and service users with regard to the development, delivery and evaluation of services.
Health Promotion Research Centre
The Health Promotion Research Centre (HPRC) at NUI Galway produces high quality research of national and international significance that supports the development of best practice and policy in the promotion of health.
The Annual Health Promotion Conference is an important aspect of our dissemination activity. For full details on the Centre and our research please click here.
This is the 22nd annual Health Promotion conference. For details on our previous conferences please click here.